Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Pinewood Derby at Pink Hobo -- THIS SATURDAY!



I was never in Boy Scouts as a kid, but I would have considered joining had I known that they get to sit around and race cars all day. The only thing I had was Odyssey of the Mind competitions, where we had to use teamwork and teacher supervision to build a car to solve some sort of science problem. The only problem I wanted to solve was how to kick the competition's ASS. And I wanted to do it ALONE.

That's why the new show at Pink Hobo Gallery is so rewarding. Twenty years out of elementary school and I finally have a legitimate excuse to build and race a car. Granted, I ended up going the artsy-fartsy route and built a car with non-functioning wheels. But the rest of the cars will be racing. And there will be cheering. And screaming. And blood. Well, maybe not blood, but there will definitely be wine.

OPENING RECEPTION

PLACE: Pink Hobo Gallery
ADDRESS: 507 East Hennepin Ave, Mpls, MN
DATE: Saturday, September 19, 2009
TIME: 7pm (Race starts at 10pm)
WEB: pinkhobo.com

6 comments:

Donn Ha said...

Good job Kevin! Way to outdo everyone else again! Grumble grumble.

Daniel Olson said...

I really wish I had done one of these now. Just couldn't find the time. Can't wait to see it up close!

Mitch said...

Good lord, man

Donn Ha said...

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan(on)!

Kevin Cannon said...

Donn, where's your car? Did you make it in Flash????

Donn Ha said...

It's at the gallery, made out of one block of official pine wood and testor's paint.