Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The 288-Hour Graphic Novel Challenge Described on Powell's Blog


Powell's Bookstore Blog is in the middle of "Top Shelf Week" and they invited me to write about Far Arden. Being a little rusty at straight prose, I instead drew a comic strip detailing the birth of the 288-Hour Graphic Novel Challenge. The strip itself is more about our local 24 hour comic day events here in Minneapolis, and even co-stars local hero Steven Stwalley.

Every year after 24 Hr Comic day I swear "NEVER AGAIN." I haven't followed through on that threat yet, but hopefully this Powell's cartoon will illuminate why I -- or anyone -- would vow to steer clear of 24HCD in the future.

Powell's Blog

6 comments:

Ryan Dow said...

Okay.

I'm sorry for babbling incoherently.

It's a coping mechanism.

staplegenius said...

That was freeking awesome!
Neither the High Tables at MNCFBA, or have Stwalley ever been more lovingly rendered.

Daniel J. Olson said...

This is great Kevin. Powell's is a great shop. I visited it while in Portland a few years ago. I was wowed by their collectible books section. First editions all over the place, super old stuff. Really neat.

Have you been there? If not, and you're in the Portland area anytime soon, you should definitely check it out. I can get lost in there for hours, if not days.

C--S--B said...

awesome, I used to pretty much live there when I lived in P-town . . .

Kevin Cannon said...

Thanks guys! No, have never been to Powell's or even Portland. But that sounds awesome: any bookstore that you can get lost in is my kinda place.

MANGAWAY said...

check this kind of article and I found your article which is related to my interest.manga prison school Genuinely it is good and instructive information. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.